Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Introduction

Working at a major wine retail store in NYC the last two years and change, I gained valuable knowledge and notes on the topic of wine. The benefits of the job included staff training, attending numerous trade tasting events, and eventually landing a wine/food column for the Winged Foot Magazine.

The purpose of this blog is to store unedited versions of those articles for easy reference, make the prior columns more interactive with the presence of hyperlinks and photographs, offer additional mini-columns as a follow up to the existing columns, and provide additional entries relavant to the general topic of wine and other beverages.

I do have a simple, basic philosophy regarding this blog:

* The comments will be moderated, mainly to discourage advertisement for drugs (legal or otherwise), enlargement of a certain body part, latest news on the hottest penny stock on the market, and other non-relavant topics. However, if they would like to compensate me in exchange for the exposure, I am fluent in the language of business.

* Feedback on the relevant topics, however, is always welcome.

* Wine can be a very emotional topic for some. I am less emotionally attached to wine (unless Amarone is involved) than many, as my philosophy is to have fun with this topic. I hope that the column and feedbacks will reflect that philosophy.

* I will not provide points or rating systems. Wine is a very subjective subject, and my taste is subject to change over time. Thus, you will note what I like at that given moment based on my writing style. In a related news, I have very little knowledge or interest in the current favorite of a certain Mr. lawyer- turned- wine critic, or advertisement- driven trade magazines in general.

So with that, may your glass be always half full.

No comments: